Sunday 22 January 2017

Roccoco Botanicals Trial, Review and FULL ingredients list and PRICES




Skincare Trial and Review of Roccoco Botanicals


Being acne prone I am sick to death of confusing and often conflicting information about skincare for the acne prone. I must have spent £1000's over the years only to be deeply dissapointed, and while the skin and how it reacts is a very individual thing, there are some hard and fast rules of things to avoid.

At Roccoco Botanicals Jacine herself began her foray into skincare after being sick of dissapointing results and realising not only did she still have acne at 40 but now had ageing to contend with too.


The story behind the brand is empowering, and I have grown to love these very outspoken women. In a sea of confusing skincare claims, these ladies pack no punches and most certainly do not hold back. We are often an insecure bunch desperate for clear skin, and both these ladies understand exactly how that feels.

They have a very unique way of addressing skincare concerns like acne and that's to avoid anything that can be a trigger, while others might not agree on that, it's just the way they do things. It can be a long drawn out process finding what your triggers are, or are not. This way it can be so much easier, if that's what you are looking for.

So Roccoco Botanicals was born out of blood, sweat, tears and love and although sometimes they can cause a stir on instagram it's always for the right reasons, to help others acheive clear skin. They know their products work, and if they dont they will bloody well formulate one that does.

Products
Pore Cleansing Oil
Ingredients
Sunflower Oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, DI PPG-2 Myreth 10-Adipate, Tocopheryl Acetate.


They say
- a gentle cleanser that effectively removes all traces of makeup without drying out your skin or leaving a greasy residue.

I say - While I enjoyed using this, it did not remove all traces of make up, I was told you only need to cleanse once on an evening, but I'm from the Caroline Hirons school of skincare, so I'm a double cleanser and always will be, but even after two cleanses I still had traces of make up left for me to notice on my toning stage, I also developed blackheads using this so I feel I can use this as a first cleanse but I need something more for a second cleanse. However I could have been doing it wrong as I have noticed rave reviews on this being THE best cleansing oil ever! Now using oil on acne prone skin might seem odd, and it took me a little while to get used to the fact that I can use oil, after many years of avoiding it, however this is perfectly safe, there is nothing nasty or potentially pore blocking or aggravating in Roccoco Botanical's products. However make up left on the skin can be an issue.

Purifying Treatment Essence
Ingredients
Water, Salix Alba Bark Extract, Sodium Lactate, Niacinamide, Aspen Bark Extract, Potassium Sorbate.

They Say - designed to unblock pores without drying out the skin, contains anti-inflammatory and exfoliating actives, niacinamide reduces inflammation and oil flow, also increases ceramides which enhances a healthy skin barrier and prevents post inflammatory pigmentation.

I Say - best toner I have ever used! It also removed any makeup left on. I didnt suffer any dry or sore skin either with the actives, I found that unlike other acid toners, this can be used AM & PM with no over exfoliating which I have found with other acid toners, you know the ones you can use with great instant results but a few weeks later your breaking out, have milia and sore red patches. winner.

Sulfur Mask
Ingredients
Water, Diatomaceous Earth, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Esters, Hydrolyzed Kale Protein, Hydrolyzed Carrot Protein, Hydrolyzed Lemon Protein, Hellianthus Annus Oil, Bentonite, Garcinia Mangosteen Peel Extract, Apium Graveolens Seed Extract, Ananas Sativa Fruit Extract, Psoralea Corylifolia Extract, Coptis Chinensis rhizome, Sodium PCA, Medicago Sativa Extract, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Taraktogenos Kurzii Oil, Kaolin, Zinc Oxide, Bromelain, Tamarindus Indica Seed Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Hydrastis Canadensis Root Extract, Juniperus Virginia Essential Oil, Potassium Sorbate.

They Say - Sulfur mask uses kale as the primary sourve of sulfur. This mask is highly anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory, disolves dead skin cells and unblocks pores, normalises sebum production and refine scars, regulate cell turnover and targets all the inflammatory pathways of acne.

I Say - This mask is a bit whiffy but not unbearable, it dries like a clay but not rock hard or flake off, It took down inflammation and redness with continued use, but I also noticed an immediate affect also, especially with any angry bumps.

Clarifying C Serum
Ingredients
Water, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Actinidia Chinensis Seed Extract, Asparagus Officinalis Root Extract, Prunus Africana Bark Extract, Phyllanthus Emblica Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Resveratrol Extract, L-Carnitine, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Carbomer, Xanthum Gum, Linum Usitatissimum Extract, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Potassium sorbate.

They Say
What it is: A combination of botanical extracts and vitamins that blocks the inflammatory pathways of acne and prevents hyperpigmentation. Contains a high amount of a very stable and effective form of Vitamin C. Contains ceramides and antioxidants including green tea extract and resveratrol.
What it does: Reduces sebum resulting in the skin feeling less greasy within a matter of days. Reduces inflammation quickly healing old acne lesions within days. Prevent pimples from coming to a head.

I say - This is by far the best vitamic C serum I have used, most others are oils, which we know are mosty a no-no for acne prone skin, unless a safe one (minefield) and this serum unlike other C serums requires no wait time inbetween steps, usually your meant to wait 20 minutes after applying Vitamin C to allow the product to do its thang, not with this, and oit doesnt pill up with Roccoco Botanicals moisturiser over it, however it will pill up with oils or balms. I found it so easy to use, unlike other C serums/oils it doesnt cause any irritation, when I used Zelens Power C serum (£125 a bottle OUCH) it broke me out, my face itched, my cycts inflammed hugely, and I had red dry patches. This has been a dream to use, I can use it AM & PM.Also a huge pro I need to point out is that Roccoco Botanicals packaging is second to non, everything is air tight, with pump dispensers, thick white bottles, totally stable and safe and hygenic.

Mandelic & Fusion.
Ingredients
Water, Mandelic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Denatured Alcohol, Resveratrol, Psoralea corylifolia Extract, Chamomile Extract, Sodium PCA, Golden Seal Extract, Celery Seed Extract, Chrysanthemum Extract, Garcinia Extract, Kigelia Africana Extract, Rhizome Coptis Extract, Echinacea, Violet Extract, Echinacea Extract, Black Currant Extract, Sclerotium Gum.

They say - this is a serum that kills P.Acnes and regulates cell turnover in the skin. Its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial and helps the skin become stronger so that the follicle walls do not break as easily.It regulates sebum, lightens pigmentation and keeps the pores clean.

I say - All my skin cleared up after a short period of using Roccoco Botanicals prescription routine, except my weird things under my jaw, I now know to be cystic acne, however i'ts not dry which confused me, weird itchy bumps that do not go away, they either get angry and inflame if I use actives or they just stay the same. We didnt know this when I first spoke with Corrine and Jacine at RB, and I have Epstein Barr Virus so my immune system is being attacked, basically means I have lots of internal inflamation and the effects are showing on my skin, the ladies at RB are formulating me my own cream called Claire Bears Cream, and i cannot wait to get my hands on it. The cream will be available to purchase soon, it's suitable to anybody who has any immunity attacks, stress acne etc, they also are noticing during the trial thats it's helping with broken capilleries. This is how amazing RB is as a company, if they don't have a solution for you, they will make one. Customer service second to non.

Ceramide Booster
Ingredients
Water, Glycerine, Sodium PCA, Urea, Trehalose, Triacetin, Polyquaternium 51, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Xylitylglucoside, Anhydroxylitol, Xylitol, Abysinnian Oil, Caprylyl Caprylate/Caprate, Lysolecithin, Sclerotium Gum, Xanthum Gum, Pullulan, Jojoba Esters, Glycerine, Methylpropanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Pheylpropanol, Potassium Sorbate.

They say - ceramide booster is for dehydrated and barrier compromised skins. It is a fusion of Abysinnian Oil, Cholesterol, Sugar Molecules and hydrating active ingredients that restore the skin barrier within 24 hours, reducing moisture loss.
Its the ultimate in skin hydration and barrier restoration. This serum is more hydrating that hyaluronic acid based serums. Its phospholipid based serum that is safe for all skin types and is non-comodogenic. It increases the natural moisturising factors of the skin including hyaluronic acid.

I say - Best thing ever! this serum is just WOW! far far superior to my Niod MMHC anyday! and a firm favourite with other skincare bloggers. Skin is hydrated beautifully, looks healthier than it has in a long long time, if ever.

Reactive Skin Cream
Ingredients
Water, Sunflower Oil, Hydroxypropyl cyclodextrin, Palmitoyl tripetide-38, glycerine, Palmitoyl tripeptide-5, Pola wax, Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-2, Jojoba Oil, Inchi Oil, Glycosaminoglycan’s, Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture, Hydrogenated Polyisobutane, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6, Ceramide 1 Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol/Lanosterol, Rose Damascena Oil, Aspen Bark Extract, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Totarol.

They Say - contains a synergistic combination of nature derived peptides and stem cells that help to rebuild the skin's natural collagen that inflammation destroys. Helps to promote elasticty and firms the skin. Skin becomes more youthful and firm.

I say - It's difficult to tell how good each product is individually, as i used them all togther as they are designed to be, they are after all a very complex set of products that really do work hand in hand, skin is a complicated organ, and its not possible to create one cream to solve all issues, acne can be very different in each individual case plus then take on board the secondary concerns like ageing, pigmentation, and what not, so to see full and best results the whole line in needed, that's not a clever sales ploy, Roccoco Botanicals are a very unique customer led brand, with the focus very much being on the end results. That said, this night cream covers the other bases for me, anti ageing and rebuilding.

Dermal Lift Serum
Ingredients
Water, Glycerin & Acrylates Copolymer & VP/polycarbamyl Polyglycol Ester & Hydrolyzed Sesame Protein PG-propyl Methylsilanediol, Isododecane & Dimethicone & Crosspolymer-3 & L-Ascorbic Acid, Glycerin, Snail Secretion Filtrate, Inchi Oil, Davidsonia Pruriens Fruit Extract, Sodium Polyacrylate & Dimethicone & Cyclopentasiloxane & Trideceth-6 & PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dill Extract, Turmeric Extract, Pomegranate Fruit Extract, Green Tea Extract, Vigna Tea Extract, Resveratrol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol, Acontifolia, Aspen Bark Extract, Resveratrol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate & Tocopheryl Acetate & Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Carbomer, Xanthum Gum, Aspen Pine Bark Extract, Ubiquionone, Licorice Extract.

They Say - Acts as a band aid and accelerates recovery of the skin. It helps to prevent acne and heal scarring whilst also stimulating collagen and smoothing the skins surface. This serum is silicone based (no its not a baddy *rolls eyes*) and must always be used last in a skincare routine. Silicones are used on burns and wounds due to the ability to stop moisture loss while allowing the skin to breath.
I Say - I used this as a day cream, final step before make up, make up sits lovely over the top, I used both mineral powder foundation and liquid foundation of many types and experienced no piling, patching, or excessive oiliness. My foundation sat lovely all day and my skin looked healthy and plump all day.

Conclusion
I loved using RB, once I got over the initial shock of not being able to use anything else I owned, and I must admit I fought that at first, weirdly. After all I am a self confessed skincare addict. I started earlier this year, I was origionally going to wait until Jan 2017, however I jumped in, and I didnt get much results, in fact I saw nothing, except my skin became very dehydrated (noticeable by excessive oil, makeup not sitting right, looking dirty almost, patchy, and that awful skin itch feeling like you have an itchy mask on) So I ceased use, and realised it was my prescription retinol Isotrex that was causing the issues. I waited two weeks then restarted with RB to have much quicker results the second time.
I wont lie and say I missed using my other bits, but my aim is clearer, healthier looking skin.

I am deeply dissapointed my products are starting to run out now. My skin is soft, smooth, hydrated, I have noticed I have no scarring being left behind when a spot is going, and any redness I did have is almost gone or totally gone. my skin looks a nice even colour and the crepey look has gone from round my mouth and eyes, I am so happy with the results. I literally haven't had one single new spot since starting this trial, my skin is plump, hydrated, my cheeks had begun to droop slightly at the side of my nose and that has filled out. I cannot wait to receive the cream formulated just for me to hopefully tackle the cysts under my jaw due to being poorly for so long.


I recommend this brand absolutely. The ladies are super friendly, helpful and are very highly qualified formulators amonst many things. If you have any kind of problem skin not just acne then give them a look. The website is informative but they are recently expanding business bit by bit. They are happy to provide full ingredients lists to all their products if you email them, I tried to include what I could here but I can't copy and paste from the website.

They also have a small presence on Instagram and they post very informative skin facts and info about what ingredients to avoid, what each product does.
You cannot easily purchase from the website, as I mentioned earlier they are not a shop, they have a clinic, and each product needs to be prescribed as such via a consultation, mine was done via email (think Biologique Recherche).


Roccoco Botanicals Pricing in USD $
*Pore Cleansing Oil - 200ml/6.7oz $53.00
*Purifying Treatment Essence - 200ml/6.7oz $48.00
*Clarifying C Serum - 30ml/1oz $104.00
*Mandelic + Herbal Fusion - 30ml/1oz $104.00
*Ceramide Booster - 200ml/6.07oz $90.00
*Reactive Skin Restructuring Cream - 1.7  $200.00
*Dermal Lift Serum - 30ml/1oz $104.00
*Pomegranate Eye Balm - 15ml/0.5oz $90.00
*NEW Sulfur Mask - 50ml/1.7oz $52.00

Thanks for reading.
Skincare Secrets
www.roccocobotanicals.com
sales@roccoco.com.au

3 comments:

  1. I am Alecia used every single spell worker on the internet, spent untold amounts of money and discovered they are all fakes…i was the fool though; doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. In the end, I decided that I wanted a tarot reading to know what my future held for me; I contacted a woman who lives locally to me and she told me about a man named (Dr Abalaka); he does not advertise on the internet, has another job for income, has no set prices, makes no false promises and refuses to help anyone that cannot be helped and even helps for free sometimes, he will give you proof before taking money. He is a wonderful man and he was the only person who actually gave me real results. I really hope he doesn’t mind me advertising his contact on the internet but I’m sure any help/ extra work will benefit him.contact him as dr.abalaka@outlook.com He travel sometimes.love marriage,finance, job promotion ,gambling voodoo,lottery Voodoo,poker voodoo,golf Voodoo,Law & Court case Spells,money voodoo,weigh loss voodoo,any sicknesses voodoo,Trouble in marriage,it’s all he does Hope this helps everyone that is in a desperate situation as I once was; I know how it feels to hold onto something and never have a chance to move on because of the false promises and then to feel trapped in wanting something
    more. his cell phone number 5182932141 !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can you buy this stuff in the US? It seems like you need a beauty professional license to purchase it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'v just signed up with Roccoco Botanicals! im lucky enough to live in the same state as Jacine and her marvellous creations. Reading your blog has just reaffirmed im doing the right thing by using these products in my salon here in Townsville Australia. My clients are in for a treat!

    ReplyDelete