Friday 11 August 2017

Phase 2 - Vitamin C, Antioxidants


Phase 2 of #skincareclub

Again this is directly from Dr Sam Buntings blog on "When Acne and Wrinkles Coexist Part 2" concentrating on brightening, even out skin tone and texture, getting rid of PIH (post inflammatory hyperpigmentation). Part 2 here

The skin should be turning over nicely now, although for myself I still had some acne and cysts at this stage and it was only around Phase 3 and giving up Gluten that I cleared up completely. This is the time now when your seeing results, your way past the purge stage, you can visibly see clear skin and others start to notice too, you also notice that you actually look younger upon closer inspection although it's hard to tell with that patchy, lumpy, still scarred skin tone.

What I used
Vitamin C with Hyaluronic Acid from KLUR skin
CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser & SA Cleanser both with ceramides and hyaluronic acid and the SE stands for Salicylic Acid (I always leave these on for 3-5 minutes as a mask)
CeraVe AM lotion with SPF, ceramides and hyaluronic acid
CeraVe PM lotion with ceramides and hyaluronic acid

Other brands you can use for your main serums for phase 1 & 2 (vitamin A, Retinol and Vit C or Antioxidants)
 
Dermalogica
Medik8
Skinceuticals
La Roche Posay
Obagi

There are brands to suit all pockets, all are amazing too. 

What I did
I carried on with my Vitamin A serum 3-4x a week in the evenings with my very carefully chosen supporting items (cleanser, evening moisturiser & day moisturiser with ceramides and hyaluronic acid, SPF and hyaluronic acid serum) and I introduced my Vitamin C serum, I went with KLUR Vit C & Hyaluronic Acid serum, every morning on dry or damp skin. The serum I had didn't sting or cause any adverse effects and it was difficult to believe it was actually working, don't know about you but I am used to using harsh stinging strong Vit C potions. 

I trusted Lesley my skin mentor and Hollywood Aesthetician by now, in fact we had become firm friends. It would have been easy at this point to become complacent but I had worked too hard and so had Lesley, plus by now I had a few interested in #skincareclub and I didn't want to let anyone else down.  I had become complacent in 2016 when I used Biologique Recherche with great results then gave up and added in lots of oils and heavy balms so I have been there, done that and really did not fancy repeating that mistake again. Once it's a mistake, twice it's becoming insanity.

It was so simple, easy to follow and affordable and advocated by a famous Cosmetic Dermatologist (in fact every Dermatologist) and KLUR skincare founder, formulator and Aesthetician Lesley so *shrugs* why would I stop?

At this point I just felt something give in me, something shifted and I knew absolutely that I would not fail!

Within 6 weeks or less
I really noticed a HUGE difference, not just in scars, but my skin was brighter, smoother, flatter no bumps, even coloured, thicker looking, healthy, glowing, I am so happy not wearing make up now its un believable. I am so happy and grateful to Dr Sam Bunting and Lesley at KLUR. 

Why don't we listen?
I'm not sat here typing trying to tell you to spend a fortune on the next latest skin care that promises clear skin. I am sat here talking about a proven way that Dermatologists have been telling us for years and years, but sadly we mostly give up in the first few weeks of the Phase 1 Retinol as skin becomes sore, probably using too much product, the Doctor has labeled instructions saying "use every evening" and we did, no one told us about the purge so not expecting it when skin suddenly get's much worse with a sudden onset of volcanic spots at a rate you've never seen before we panicked every.single.time and stopped using it. 

Years and years I have been in that cycle. Doctors really need to explain a bit more about avoiding the eye area, the dreaded purge, the sore skin, the impotrance of using SPF  and I am sure many more would stick with it and have clear skin. Another huge blame is that no one explains what acne is, so maybe you get through the purge (more spots very suddenly), the flaky, sore skin stage and your skin clears, what do you do? well you stop don't you? after all you no longer have acne, its cured, right? wrong! Keep this up forever, unless your having a hormonal issue your acne prone for life, your skin cells are stickier and your skin produces too much sebum, the skin cream helps but it is not a cure, you stop, it comes back. 

Around the point of starting Phase 2 I had a lot going on so I came away from Instagram a bit, I wasn't posting my routines nor interacting with other accounts. Truth be told I felt I had nothing in common any more, they didn't really seem as interested in me, and I wasn't buying all the things they were so we hadn't much to say anymore. I honestly started to question my account and "friends" I had made on there. I felt really left out, but it gave me a chance to concentrate on my physical and mental health, build myself up a bit before I came back online after my many breakdowns I had on there and a few struggles I had getting along with a few others.

I am so glad I decided to keep up with my account and blog, maybe even if it helps a few others stick with these three phases and start to love the skin they are in - then it will be worth it.

By the end of Phase 2 my skin was beautifuly clear! HALLELUJAH
 From this ...
 To this.....

 To THESE

1 comment: