Monday 27 February 2017

My Current Body Skincare that happens to be all Deciem


Recent Body Products that just happen to be an all Deciem line up.

I thought I would share what I have been using on my body over the Winter to keep  my skin soft and smooth. I really don't spend much money at all on body products compared to my face, but I have some found some winners this last season.

Deciem, these crafty little buggers get everywhere, I have been using Deciem without even realising it in the form of their Inhibitif range, designed to slow down hair growth and hydrate the area.







Inhibitif Intimate Care £9 for 60ml www.victoriahealth.com
The reason I purchased this was that I was at my wits end, I have been so poorly for the last 3 years with an undiagnosed auto-immunity disorder, before diagnosis I knew I was reacting with inflammation externally in the form of acne and also ingrown hairs and awful rashes and lumps on my waxed bikini area and legs, we can all get 1 or 2 but this was quite extreme and embarrasing. So after a little research I found this line spouting everything I wanted to hear....

They Say

"Inhibitif Intimate Care Hydra Gel combines proven actives to reduce the apparent prominence and density of unwanted hair for the sensitive intimate areas.
Inhibitif Intimate Care contains advanced technologies to minimize the looks of hair regrowth, irritation, redness and ingrown hairs, while hyaluronic acid hydrates deeply. Creates comfortable skin by hydrating for longer and keeping your skin from irritating and drying out.
 Benefits of Inhibitif Intimate Care:
    Visible results from two weeks
    Reduces irritation & redness
    Targets ingrown hairs
    Suitable for all skin types


Directions: Apply Intimate Care once a day on shaved or waxed intimate areas until hair regrowth, density and thickness appear reduced. Continue to use to maintain visible results."


For £9 it was worth a shot. I used this AM & PM and a few hours after waxing, it was instantly soothing, but gave no huge immediate results. It's more of a slow burner than a quick fix (which I am beginning to realise anything skincare or otherwise that offers a quick instant fix usually causes long term negative issues).I prefer a slow burner nowadays and I am willing to use consistently and exclusively to test that out. It most certainly slows hair growth instantly as when I went back for a prebooked wax treatment my hair was only just long enough to wax, my therapist actually checked the diary to check we had left adequate time in between waxes. Again it's not a huge impact, you know your not going to suddenly have the skin of a baby otter but enough to notice a difference. The main results for me though is that within 8 weeks of solid consistent usage my ingrowns and strange reactions have gone. Please anyone suffering with razor rash, ingrowns or unwanted body hair, I urge you to give them a go. I bought this around 6 months ago as it's the old style packaging. I have used it a lot, mainly more so in the last 8 weeks twice a day as I was using Australian Body Care Tea Tree Oil Lotion, I recommend Inhibitif over ABC. I think used sparingly on one area AM & PM it could last 8 weeks maybe even 12. So worth it as it doubles up as a moisturising so no need for anything over the top.

Ingredients
Aqua (Water), Propanediol, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Water, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Subtilisin, Dihydromyricetin, Larrea Divaricata Extract, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Saccharide Isomerate, Pentylene Glycol, Lecithin, Gellan Gum, Disodium Edta, Sodium Bisulfite, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Phytic Acid, Ppg-26-buteth-26, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Ethoxydiglycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.









Inhibitif Personal Care Deodorant £9 for 50ml www.victoriahealth.com
I didn't have much of a reason to purchase this, I just did out of interest, but I am glad I did. I have also been suffering with razor rash and itching under my arm-pits since the auto-immunity disorder, and the arm-pits are on show more aren't they. Since using this deodorant (and a pre shave gel I'll review later) I have zero under arm irritation. It's ok as a deodrant too.I don't do much heavy stuff and I haven't exercised in a few years properly so I can't say how it would withstand that, but day to day it's great and it does exactly what it promises, reduces hair growth. I have had this bottle ages, maybe 6 months as it's the old style packaging, I have used it on and off but this past 8 weeks I have used it daily AM & PM and there is still at least a third left.

They Say
"Inhibitif Deodorant tackles the ongoing human saga of body odour and at the same time, slows hair regrowth.
This deodorant contains high concentrations of multiple actives to minimise the need for hair removal under the arms whilst fighting odour. Inhibitif Deodorant slows hair growth and tackles ingrown hairs, thinning the hair and reducing irritation. Hairs can contribute to body odour by increasing the space for bacteria to breed.
Benefits of Inhibitif Deodorant:
    Fights odour
    Visible results from two weeks
    Reduces irritation & redness
    Targets ingrown hairs
    Suitable for all skin types
Directions: Use this hair inhibiting deodorant daily under arms." (LOL)


Ingredients
Aqua (Water), Parfum (Fragrance), Saccharomyces Ferment, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Subtilisin, Dihydromyricetin, Citronellyl Methylcrotonate, Dimethyl Phenylbutanol, Sucrose Laurate, Polyquaternium-37, Menthyl Lactate, Sodium Bisulfite, Disodium EDTA, Isoceteth-20, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Citral, Linalool, Limonene. 








Hand Chemisty Retin-Oil 1% Retinoid Complex (Deciem)  £20 for 100ml www.victoriahealth.com
I am in love with this body oil! It's a dry oil and sinks in very quickly. I bought this to replace using The Ordinary Retinoid 2% (review here) as this has antioxidants, deep sea algae and amazonian oils plus the retinoid. I have stretch marks and of course I am ageing and no one wants that to happen, so I figured if I am using a retinoid on my face, why not my body. I used this on my chest, breasts, stomach, basically all the front of my body and stopped at my  lady bits as I wax there and no one wants a retinol/waxing incident, I also used it on my elbows, feet and hands. Making sure of course to use an SPF of at least 30 during the day on the visible areas.

This like anything that actually works, is a slow burner. As I used The Ordinary first that is where I saw my initial results, however this I have seen continued results with. Firstly I noticed my hands and feet looking smoother and the skin just looking noticebly healthier, but the biggest results for sure are my chest, breasts and stomach. I am lucky enough that my skin went back to normal after children, flat and not sagging (oh come on i got effing acne and unwanted hair though). I noticed a HUGE change in skin tone, texture and just at the bottom of my stomach where the very first signs of ageing were appearing are GONE gone I tell thee! I am mightily impressed. Retinol is kinda addictive though as now I feel like bathing is Tretinoin. My breasts appear firmer and my skin overall just looks and feel younger. My only gripe with this is the shitty tiny size! BUT it has lasted me around 5 weeks using AM & PM on the affected areas.

They say

The Chemistry Brand Retin-Oil, formerly Hand Chemistry Retin-Oil: use Retin Oil with retinoid technologies to help improve the appearance of body scars, stretch marks and dehydrated skin.

The Chemistry Brand Retinoid Complex brings a next-generation innovation in Vitamin A technology to the world of beauty. Introducing your most effective retinoid compound without a need for prescription, The Chemistry Brand Retin-Oil Complex is a multi-vitamin dry body oil, which targets scars, stretch marks, ageing dehydrated skin, surface irregularities and discolouration, to show a difference to the skin's surface in just two weeks.

The Chemistry Brand Retin-Oil formula helps skin look smoother, and visibly reduces pore size and wrinkles without causing irritation. This innovative complex also includes Vitamin C to help improve collagen production and sun-induced ageing. A unique blend of skin enhancing Amazonian oils leave a dry and happy protective barrier on the skin's surface. An oil-derived Deep Sea Algae Complex targets stretch marks. Over time, there is a general improvement in skin's visible condition and texture.

Directions: Use morning and evening or as needed. "


I say - BUY IT! BUY IT RIGHT NOW, RUN DON'T WALK!












Hand Chemistry Hyaluronic Concentrate 19% Marine HA Complex (Deciem) £28 for 240ml www.victoriahealth.com

I am literally loving this brand right now! IN LOVE. I use this after a shower or bath, one pump for the top half of my body and another for the bottom half, I use it on really damp skin and allow my skin to air dry. My skin feels so smooth, soft, hydrated and comfortable after using this. My only gripe is that it doesn't go far at all, I have only had it a fortnight and I have used more than a third and I have been very frugal with it. I feel like this would be great any time of year, it doesn't block my pores, it feels like it's going to leave a tacky layer then suddenly it doesn't at all. Really enjoying this. It's totally clear and feels like jelly with no scent that I can notice. I am guessing at using it 4x a week it might just last 4 weeks at a push. I can't recommend it enough. Please bring out super sizes Deciem.

They Say

"Hand Chemistry Hyaluronic Concentrate for hands and body.
Hyaluronic Concentrate contains an extraordinarily high concentration of nature-like hyaluronic acid, suspended in a base of skin-enhancing red algae and tamarind. Continued use helps improve the skin's ability to retain hydration, while enhancing visible texture and delivery of actives.

Due to an extremely high concentration of three different types and molecular weights of Hyaluronic acid, Hand Chemistry’s Hyaluronic Concentrate allows for actives to be easily absorbed into the skin for optimal results. The formula contains a complex of five active technologies from marine and plant sources, which repairs dry skin and protects it from the elements. Hands and body are visibly transformed to a softer and more comfortable state.
Directions: Apply evenly to hands and body twice or more daily for well hydrated, happy skin"

Ingredients
water (aqua) propanediol panthenol hyaluronic acid tremella fuciformis sporocarp extract tamarindus indica seed gum ahnfeltia concinna extract glycerin betaine hydroxyethylcellulose potassium sorbate pentylene glycol chlorphenesin hexylene glycol caprylyl glycol phenoxyethanol













 



The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2% £8 f0r 30ml and Lactic Acid 10% + HA 2% £5.80 for 30ml  (Deciem again, sneaky monkeys)
My full review on Advanced Retinol is here
 so I won't repeat myself, but I am going to keep purchasing this and swopping with the retinol-oil periodically.
The Lactic Acid is so good! In my opinion it's as good as Good Genes and at a fraction of the price. I won't do a comparsion review as my Instagram friend Jay @honestlyskin does a Splurge or Save Friday and I believe or hope this is coming up next, I am not scientific nor have I been around long with skincare and I really know nothing much except my opinion, no facts or real understanding, so I will leave it with the pros. I will say that when I finish up my Sunday Riley Good Genes I am really unsure if I will purchase again for £85.... it will depend on my financial status. If your eyeing GG and your purse can't stretch, please buy this or even the 5% one to get you going. I do LOVE Good Genes, it is a lovely product but this is under £6, I have been using it once a week on my chest, breast and stomach, as I am working on my body concerns, nothing major but appraching the big 40 I want to look and feel my best. After being a self confessed tan bed user I feel my skin needs a bit of TLC and this Lactic Acid gives my skin a boost. I notice a more even colour, the skin just looks and feel so much nicer and healthier. Of course remember to always use an SPF on any exposed skin every day anyway but it's best to rememeber to always use it when using retinoids or acids. It hasn't given me any irritation, no blocked pores, nothing but much more glowing skin. I imagine using this once a week on those areas the bottle will last a good 12 weeks plus. Bargain!

I paid for these products out of my own money, all views are my own and there are no affilated links anywhere, nor was I paid to write this article.

I highly recommend all the above items, I am more than happy with my body skin at the moment. Shame the same can't be said for my face.

1 comment:

  1. How do you use the lactic acid and retinoid on your body?

    ReplyDelete