Monday 27 February 2017

Update on sort my shit skin out phase 1 and some changes

Ok, so......
I have really damaged my skin.



Far too much damage to be using a prescription strength retinoid anyway. I even stopped using it for a little while, no actives just the basic CeraVe skincare I had. My skin is just not ready, so not to be put off I sought advice from an aesthetician (basically I can't even spell it) and while she isn't Dr Sam she is the next best thing.

Plan B is to switch a bit, I am now doing Antioxidants in phase 1 as they are a little more gentle and I can concentrate on repair and protect. Phase 2 will now be over -he-counter retinoid, slowly titrating up to prescription strength Retinoids. I am a little dissapointed as I know I am known for changing things around too quickly and giving up before the magic happens. This decision was not taken lightly. I really thought long and hard about it. I decided that my skin was more important than my public image (I know it's already in tatters thanks gluten). *mega eye roll*

Maybe I should have had 8 weeks of basic skincare and no actives in the first place, but I didn't realise just how reactive my skin has become. It wasn't the usual Vitamin A irritation, in fact I had no peeling it was just my skin became itchy, bumpy, sore on my cheeks as it was previously when I had over exfoliated or just caused product overload.

The Antioxidant I have chosed is Vitamic C 18% with Hyaluronic Acid from a company called KlurSkin. I wanted something not hyped up, small company and hand made thoughtfully, from someone who knows skin and formulates it in a lab, properley. She sees 1000's of clients a year and just wanted to help, I am under no obligation or pressure and she isn't interested in gaining likes or clients it was purely to help me, and she has enough clients anyway. Saying that if it works then she best be ready and have plenty on stand by coz I will shout from the roof if I find something that actually works.

The Vitamic C type is Sodium Ascrobyl Phosphate as is a newer C breaking through in skincare at the moment, it's non irritating like it's sister L Ascorbic Acid can be, and L Ascorbic Acid can actually make acne much worse as I have experienced previously. I am no ingredients geek or science based blogger so I can't claim to know much about this sort of thing. I did do a little googling and found some satisfactory information.


I have been using it from yesterday evening AM & PM, due to the HA content (also an anti-ager) it instantly plumps the skin, the only product I have seen that with is Niod MMHC, instant plumping results.

So far so good. It's early days and I have had to be realistic as dissapointing as it is, the show must go on. I will get clear skin and feel great.

I hope others are joining, and I am keen to know what your all using. #clearskinrevolution #drsambuntingmademedoit #skincareclub



I'm just gonna cry into my Gluten-Free sandwich (that's another story and the reason you have seen me lose my shit and basically acting all weird on instagram....gluten poisoning.)


Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment